There are time limits within which local authorities can take enforcement action for planning breaches.

Once these time limits have passed, you can apply for an LDC should you wish to confirm that a development has become lawful over the passage of time.

Alternatively you can submit a lawful development certificate for the Council’s confirmation that works you intend to undertake, such as those under Permitted Development Rights, do not require planning permission.